Building dates: July 17 – July 25Exhibition goes live: July 26th
It’s the summer of reimagining our community events. No group event this year, but you can still gather your squad to hit the beach and create your masterpiece to share with everyone in the Heights through our virtual Sand Sculpture Exhibition.
Here’s what to do.
1. Register your entry by clicking here or on the button below. All registrants will get a placard stake and NHA bucket with marker and freeze pops (after all, a cool popsicle after the work is part of our tradition). Once registered, you’ll receive instructions on contactless pickup.
2. Pick up your NHA bucket and placard stake.
3. Gather your squad, your own shovels and other tools of the trade, and head to the beach between now and July 25th. We’ve held the event at Nauset Inlet and find the sand there is best, but you’re welcome to go where ever you like.
4. Get your creative juices flowing and build your dream castle, sculpture, or whatever. We highly encourage you to use natural materials found on the beach.
5. Write your squad’s name and the name of your creation on your placard and stake it next to your sculpture.
6. Take pictures of both the sculpture by itself and of your group behind it.
7. Upload your photos to the NHA site so they can be included in the Exhibition Gallery. We’ll curate entries from past years in there as well.